Here are the highlights of a trip we took to Australia in December 2017. This video covers Melbourne – world’s most liveable city!
Below is our 3 days’ itinerary with some travel tips.
Transport from the airport – SkyBus – Melbourne City Express ($19 per person)
Departures every 10 mins from Terminals 1,3,4 – tickets can be purchased from the SkyBus ticket booth (credit cards accepted).
Drop off – Southern Cross Station
Taxi – $55-65
Travel around – MYKI card ($6 to purchase) @ 7-11 & main stations
Melbourne has a Free Tram Zone covering the Central Business District (CBD) so you can travel for free on any of the trams. If you are only travelling within the Free Tram Zone on a tram, you don’t need to use a myki card.
A great way to see the city is to hop on a free City Circle Tram route 35 (brown tram) which covers most of the tourist attractions and features an audio commentary as well.
• Degraves Street (great for food)
• Flinders Street Railway Station
• St. Paul’s Cathedral
• Hosier Lane & Rutledge Lane (cool graffiti art)
• Federation Square
• Royale Botanic Gardens – entry free (with Shrine of Remembrance & Tan Track – 3.8km around the Gardens)
• Fitzroy area
• St. Patrick’s Cathedral
• State Library of Victoria
• Great Ocean Drive Tour – https://youtu.be/_NeVURc7Owo
• Queen Victoria Market
• Melbourne Central (shopping centre)
• Block Arcade (shopping area)
• Southbank Promenade with Eureka Tower & crossing the Southbank Pedestrian Bridge
• St. Kilda Pier & Beach
• Luna Park
• Brighton Beach (with colourful beach boxes)
Thank you very much for watching! If you enjoy this video, please make sure to LIKE , SHARE and SUBSCRIBE to my channel.
Music: “Pearl” by Mark Mothersbough