We were beyond excited to come and visit Madrid, after all this is a city renowned for its arts, cuisine, and nightlife. With 10 days to spare, we decided to hit up some of the best sights and attractions and film a guide highlighting “25 things to do in Madrid”. In this video you can expect everything from lively markets and world renowned museums, to beautiful gardens and Spanish dishes.
Now let’s find out what the Spanish capital is all about!
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II: http://amzn.to/1OchS7t
Canon G7X: http://amzn.to/1YdjsYX
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens: http://amzn.to/1Y79zeM
Rode Video Mic GO: http://amzn.to/1WDKtVM
Joby Gorilla Pod: http://amzn.to/1PgoY5F
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro: http://amzn.to/25KEErs
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
25 Things to do in Madrid (Complete List):
1) Real Jardín Botánico de Madrid – Royal Botanical Garden of Madrid
2) Palacio Real de Madrid – Royal Palace of Madrid
3) Changing of the Guard at Madrid’s Palacio Real
4) Jardines de Sabatini – The Sabatini Gardens
5) Teleférico de Madrid – Madrid’s Cable Car
6) Rosaleda del parque del Oeste – Rosaleda Garden
7) Gazpacho – Cold Spanish tomato soup
8) Museo del Prado (Museo Nacional del Prado) – Prado Museum
9) El Retiro (Parque del Buen Retiro) – The Buen Retiro Park
10) Palacio de Cristal – Crystal Palace
11) Palacio de Velázquez (Palacio de Exposiciones) – Velázquez Palace
12) Feria de libros cuesta de moyano – book fair
13) Paella – Spain’s national dish (a Valencian rice dish)
14) Templo de Debod – Temple of Debod Egyptian Temple
15) Estadio Santiago Bernabéu – Santiago Bernabéu Stadium (Home of Real Madrid Club de Fútbol – Real Madrid C.F.)
16) Enjoying Madrid’s nightlife
17) Mercado de San Miguel – Market of San Miguel
18) Plaza Mayor de Madrid – Plaza Mayor of Madrid
19) Churros – Eating a Spanish Dougnut (Spanish fried-dough pastry)
20) Puerta del Sol – Gate of the Sun
21) Santa María la Real de La Almudena – Almudena Cathedral
22) Plaza de Oriente – Orient Plaza
23) Tortilla Española (Tortilla de patatas) – Spanish Omelette
24) Museo Reina Sofía (Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía) – Queen Sofía Museum
25) Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza – Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum
When it comes to Spanish culture you won’t find a city in Spain that has more to offer than the capital city of Madrid. Spanish cuisine, world class architecture, dining, entertainment, festivals and arts are all on display in Madrid. We hope our travel guide is a nice supplement to the information you might fight at the tourism office. Now go out and have fun exploring as you visit Madrid!
25 Things to do in Madrid, Spain | Top Attractions Travel Guide Travel Video Transcript:
Hola y bienvenidos a Madrid. This week we are in the Spanish capital and we are going to show you twenty five of the best things to do in the city.
Final thoughts on your time in Madrid. Well, I really enjoyed the city. And I really found that it is super walk-able. We were here for 10 days and we hardly had to take the metro at all. We just took the bus once when we were visiting the stadium but the rest of the time we were able to walk wherever we needed to go. And also I think it is a great city for art lovers. There are so many galleries and museums to check out. And a lot of them are free in the evening. So keep that in mind.
And now it is your turn. What did you think of Madrid? You know what? I absolutely loved Madrid. It is a city that just really clicked with me. We have a lot of friends that are living here long term and prior to coming here I had no idea like why would someone want to come to Madrid? Now I totally get it. I love the culture, I love the food, I love the nightlife. Everything is really cheap. I go to the grocery store and I can get a one liter thing of wine for just over a Euro. It is just a really affordable fun city to be in. And it is somewhere I hope I have a chance to come back to again soon.
And that is a wrap of our time in Madrid! We had a splendid time and were truly sad to say goodbye to the city, but that just means we’ll have to come back again. If you have any travel tips for Madrid, feel free to share those in the comments below.
This is part of our Travel in Spain series. We’re making a series of videos showcasing Spanish culture, Spanish arts, Spanish foods, Spanish religion, Spanish cuisine and Spanish people.
All photos and video taken by Samuel Jeffery (Nomadic Samuel) and Audrey Bergner (That Backpacker).
Music in this video courtesy of Audio Network